The Port Coquitlam Heritage
and Cultural Society


150-2248 McAllister Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC
V3C 2A5
(604) 927-8403

Log In     Find us on Facebook

info@pocoheritage.org

PoCoPedia
A  A  
An encyclopedia of Port Coquitlam's Historic people and places

 

Photos  News Items  Artifacts  Newspapers  Books  


PoCoPedia Index
| Virtual Displays / Articles | Heritage Resource Listing | Historical Book Library

Port Coquitlam Secondary

Alternate tags:

Port Coquitlam High, PoCo High

Type:

places

Description:

Port Coquitlam High school opened in 1959 on 6.5 hectares (16 acres) on the north side of town. Kids from Grades 8 to 12 attended and enjoyed a quarter mile cinder track, tennis courts, a cafeteria and a full-sized gym with bleachers. The high school was a centre for schooling in PoCo for forty years. Port Coquitlam High school expanded in 1968. The inclusion of science facilities and the industrial education wing transformed the building. In 1986 the name of Port Coquitlam High School was changed to Terry Fox Senior Secondary School.

Year:

1959

Source:

Where Rails Meet Rivers, Chuck Davis, 2000

Request Additional Details

Google Search the entire pocoheritage.org site



Home | About | Contact | Membership | Support Us | Museum | Archives | Programs & Events | Learning

All content including images are the copyright of PoCo Heritage, except where noted otherwise. Unauthorized use prohibited

Website Design and Hosting by Red Fish Web Solutions